yes, that’s me easing into a squat. Similar to the way I ease into one of my favourite exercises, I thought I’d share with you how to ease into the wellness scene. With these few steps, you can easily jumpstart your wellness journey. Before we start, I just wanted to share that you can already expect some more fitness focused articles in the near future since I got a stack of workout pictures to share with you. On that note, this is your little taste test and preparation to jump onto the wellness bandwagon.
- Find your mindfulness practice: This is one of the most important additions to your new lifestyle since you want to stay grounded and have the ability to find your calm in stressful situations. You might ask yourself – what is a mindfulness practice? To be honest, it can be a lot of things. Most importantly it has to suit you. To give you some examples, your practice could consist of the obvious meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, or pilates. Well, basically, you could do anything be it exhausting or easy going as long as it calms you down. So, if this means baking something to you, that’s your mindfulness practice. My preferred mindfulness practices are baking, yoga, and meditation. I am the savasana queen.
- Drink 2-3 litres of water: Another vital step towards your wellness lifestyle is drinking enough water. At around seventeen I started to take my water intake really seriously. Before that, I always struggled to drink enough water. Either I simply forgot to drink water or I felt like I cannot drink more. To change this I set a radical schedule. These days I am drinking a litre of water after waking up and around thirty minutes before breakfast. By the way, I am always squeezing some lemon in there. Then I drink whatever amount I fancy during the day and get more liquids from juices, plant-milks and fruit. Lastly, half an hour before dinner I am having another litre of water with some added apple-cider vinegar for additional digestive benefits. This way, I surely get enough water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Find your workout preferences: This can be a tough one for some people but is so important to stay on track and not give up on your regime. I always struggled with staying motivated to exercise when I was young but now I’ve found my favourite ways to work out. More on that you’ll hear from me in an upcoming video on my fitness routine. Stay tuned.
- Keep up with your health via doctor’s appointments: I often find that us humans can get slightly off track when it comes to making the regular doctor’s appointment. You really want to stay on track with your health. Especially, in this day and age with all those unbalanced diets and lifestyles going on, it is important to get your blood checked regularly. This way you can be informed about deficiencies, intolerances, allergies and autoimmune diseases and stay on top of your health game.
- Make gentle swaps in the nutritional department: I touched upon the issue of imbalanced diets before but honestly, we couldn’t be more out of touch with our bodies when eating those processed junk foods all day long. People do not even realise anymore that their state of health is not healthy. By this I mean, most of us cannot even distinguish between feeling good or bad. Bad, basically, became the new normal. So, I am encouraging you to make simple swaps and start incorporated more fruit and vegetables into your diet. How about one plant-based meal a day?
- Add some wellness inspiration into your social feed: This is the best part. Who doesn’t love to look at pretty food, crystals, and high vibing humans whilst scrolling through their Instagram feed? I certainly do. Here are some of my favourite Instagrammers: @highvibelivin, @leefromamerica, @shutthekaleup, @erineireland, @naturally.sassy and the list could goes on.