I hope you all had a beautiful weekend so far. I certainly enjoyed the pretty sunny weather and took the chance to shoot some content. However, most of the time I simply enjoyed the company of my Mum and all the delicious food we ate. It is just so much more fun to share life and food with the once you love. I am certainly going to miss her a lot when she returns home tomorrow.
In regard to this week’s The Edit #17, I am confident about the fact that I’ve collected quite some interesting pieces to share with you. Please enjoy all the bits of information ranging from fashion to wellness content.
In today’s The Edit #17: unhealthy looking models, non-toxic perfume, meditation, The Lifestyle Memo podcast launch, Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies…
- Fashion: On the matter of fashion, I was truly shocked to see the pictures of the Louis Vuitton Cruise 2018 show. I am the one who doesn’t like to judge, trust me. However, this time I am really alarmed about the image the models of Louis Vuitton create. These girls do not look healthy by any means and should not be models of aspiration. Girls need to feel strong and empowered and should be able to conquer life. I truly hope this sickening image will come to an end and we’ll one day see healthy humans walking the runway. I even heard that there was one model who was asked to stop eating for 24h in order to take part in the show but refused to do so and returned home instead. In the end, we do have to speak up and show up for ourselves, our health, and wellness.
- Beauty: I am currently on the hunt for a non-toxic perfume. However, everything I can find seems to be available in the US only. Nonetheless, I loved the informative collection of natural perfumes published by Geri Hirsch. Overall, those of us who eat healthily and care about what we put into and onto our body should really be concerned about the toxins in regular perfumes. I know, I am guilty of it. Using perfume is something I really enjoy. However, I am determined to find a non-toxic version I will love.
- Wellness: I thought I’d share a meditation with you today since I finally got back into meditating every single morning. Most days I only meditate for five to ten minutes but I feel so accomplished and have a much more structured start to my day by doing so. Hence, if you want to start meditating here is a beautiful guided meditation for you to try. Not sure about meditation, yet? You might want to read a recent post of mine about 6 Simple Ways To Jumpstart Your Wellness Journey.
- Book/Podcast: Over the past week I finished all the episodes by Laura Malina Seiler, so I do not really have to report anything new. However, I thought it is only right to do some self-promotion. Hence, please go and have a listen to my first very own podcast episode. Well, so far it is only the trailer but please go over to Itunes and search for The Lifestyle Memo or have a listen directly on the website. You can find out more about the podcast content in the trailer and the accompanying article. I can tell you it’s all about reaching your better self by improving your lifestyle in all kinds of areas.
- Recipe: This weekend I had so much delicious food. Obviously, when your Mum is around one just has to try all the good places in the new city. In addition, my Mum surprised me with two bags of homemade granola and a plant-based marble cake. Hence, it is only logic that I am already thinking about all the baking possibilities when back home at some point. So for now, I am going to share this amazing cookie recipe with you that made it onto the list. It’s by The First Mess. The Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies sound easy and delicious. Not to mention they look divine. So, for all those oven-having humans out there, thank me later.