I am not sure if you can tell by my Instagram stories but I am thrilled about the beautiful warm weather of the past few days. It is just pure bliss to run around in sandals and wear short sleeves + pants or dresses. This weekend I dedicated to a variety of things, besides going grocery shopping, I got my nails done, went to Hot Yoga and worked for the blog. By the way, have you already watched the past week’s video? It was the last one I filmed before going to Hamburg. Moreover, it is for those of you who are interested in my fitness journey and current workout routine.
In today’s The Edit #18: cotton candy dress, face mapping, ME, The Four Agreements, black ice cream…
- Fashion: The fashion-focused images I was vibing on the past week were published by Mija Flatau. The images went straight into several of my inspiration folders. Hence, I thought it would only be logic to share them with you. The images remind me of cotton candy, bliss, and tranquillity. Weirdly enough they create a happy and artsy feeling in my body. Overall, for me, they portrait softness and weightlessness. In addition, I fell for the Chloé dress but that was not all too hard. Chloé almost always seems to get it right.
- Beauty: I loved the article by Chriselle Lim talking all about face mapping. I always notice changes in my skin when my body isn’t at its healthiest. Did you know that different areas of your face correspond with various health conditions? Well, Chriselle published a beautiful image that makes face mapping very easy. Which issues do concern you? Let’s find out.
- Wellness: I thought I’d use this category to refer you to a video by Carly Rowena. It is called ME and it does the most beautiful job of portraying a woman. In all honesty, the video truly made me cry. In addition, it serves as a wonderful reminder to appreciate being the human you are. I have so much respect for this beautiful woman to put herself out there in such realness. I am in love with the raw portrayal and the statement it brings across. Women, we should love ourselves. Lastly, congratulations to Carly for getting married.
- Book/Podcast: This week I’ve got a book recommendation for you. It had been on my book list for a while now but I simply didn’t get around to read or listen to it. As you probably know, I rather like to listen to books on audible instead of reading them since this gives me the possibility to listen on my commute without having to carry a book around. Additionally, sometimes I just love to not have to stare at anything after having my eyes on a screen for the entire day. Therefore, audio books come in so handy. Anyhow, the recommended book is called The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. I truly try to take it to heart. Hence, I strongly strive to implement the four agreements into my daily life. Well, if you want to know what I am talking about, have a listen.
- Recipe: Something I tried a couple of weeks ago when I was back home, is black banana ice cream. It’s very easy to make and looks very magical. The key ingredient is charcoal powder which comes with many health benefits like cleaning your teeth and binding food in your gut. Anyway, I am a huge advocate of making food fun because why not playing magician while being in the kitchen. After all, it is so much fun to play with potions, colours and tastes to introduce some variety.