In today’s The Edit #37: Christoper Bailey Exiting Burberry, The Biggest Fall Trend, The Seven Sisters, Non-Toxic Perfume, Cookie Dough…
- The Read: The greatest news this past week delivered the fact that after seventeen years of working for Burberry Christopher Bailey will leave the brand. He will still be involved in the creation of the Spring/Summer 2018 collection. However, afterwards, he will hand over his tasks to a new chief creative officer. Bailey truly did a marvellous job at Burberry, in terms of making the brand attractive again. These days, though, Burberry has reached a halt with declining sales and there is definitely a need for reinvention. As Burberry is the only brand immerging out of the British luxury realms, it would be highly suitable for the brand to establish a notion of true and complete luxury instead of a fashion luxury brand sense. I am truly curious about who is going to take over the position. Additionally, I would be excited about the entrance of Phoebe Philo to the brand. Let’s see if the fashion business forecast is right this time.
- The Watch: I’ve finally put out another video. Honestly, I am quite proud of this one since I wanted to create an outfit video for a long time now. This time the video was all about the biggest fall trend of 2017. How do you like it? Do you want to me create more videos for you?
- The Listen: Can I say, I am obsessed? I have listened to the first three books of The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley a while ago and I love them endlessly. When the 4th book came out at the end of October, I had to download it immediately. It is slightly ridiculous. However, I’ve made it through 19 hours of the audiobook in a matter of 2 and a half days. That’s how good it is. Anyhow, for those of you who have never heard about the novel. The books basically tell the stories of the seven sisters named after the stars. All of them were adopted at birth. Hence, in each book, one of the sisters traces back her path to where she came from.
- The Must Buy: I am not sure yet how this perfume will actually smell. However, so far, I’ve always been lucky to judge my taste by simply reading a perfumes description. Anyhow, I am still on the hunt for an all natural, essential oils based perfume that suits my taste for spicier and darker scents. So, I am truly curious if the aroma roll-on by John Masters Organics can replace my favourite toxic perfumes. I am currently using a non-toxic scent that I am only partially keen on. Keep your fingers crossed. I’ll let you know about the results on Instagram Stories as soon as the new addition arrives.
- The Recipe: Even though I don’t really want it to be true, we are getting closer to Christmas season. So, what is better than cookies during that time of the year? Well, how about a healthy cookie dough that one could have for breakfast, lunch or dinner? I discovered this incredibly delicious recipe on the Instagram feed of @sobeautifullyreal. Give it a try. I am certain, you will love it too.